Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Credit Cards

A credit card company who shall remain nameless here (I don't want no stinking lawsuits) keeps sending me applications for another card. They are quite willing to give me the new card no matter what my balance or credit score is. They want us all to go more heavily into debt and owe them even more money.

I pay my statement in full each month. I never buy what I don't need and never leave a balance. I'm a detriment to them because they're not getting any interest from me on my account. They'd likely want to drop me but they have no just cause to and in the meantime I'm helping my credit rating.

I guess I'm un-American by not wanting to mortgage to the hilt what is left of my insignificant life but I've been heavily in debt before and screwed up my credit and was evicted. This I vow will never happen again.

Why doesn't the credit card company just increase my credit limit you ask? They can't charge me an extra annual fee if they do that. Only by suckering me in with another card can they reach deeper into my wallet.

And they keep sending me blank checks that say, "Look how convenient we are. Use us just like money to pay off your other debts." Yeah, right! Then you can also charge me extra interest on top of what you already charge on outstanding debts because I'm taking a cash advance when I do and not making a purchase. If you've done this check your statement and it will have purchases and cash advances and the interest charged separately. And when you make a payment on your statement look to see which listing is paid first. I guarantee your purchases will be paid down first so that the cash advances you made can gain a lot more interest.

This country runs on credit and if you qualify just barely there will be some company willing to help you bury yourself in debt.

Remember what you've read here and when you're dragging yourself through your second job at K-Mart or McDonald's or 7/11 ask yourself if that Nintendo game and the plasma TV and the hot tub in the back yard; all of which you never get to use because you're at work or sleeping through your days off was worth running up all that debt.

Have a good day.

No comments: